Saturday, April 15, 2017

Neat and Tidy Desks: Take 2!



I strive on organization in my classroom but the battle is real! Even with visual I created, some students needed a desk intervention.

That's when I came up with the idea of giving some students a "drawer" to put in their desks. Instead of purchasing fancy baskets I used the lids from copy paper boxes. I started with three kids and had them "try out" my idea of the "drawer" and I was quickly delighted with how well our "drawer" worked.  Of course, the rest of my first graders wanted one too! (Yes, I had EVERYONE saving box lids for me!) Now everyone has a "drawer" of their own. 


Organized Desk Visual


The "drawer" looking inside the desk.


The "drawer" organized!

It is truly amazing the difference our "drawers" have made. My first graders love the concept of a "drawer" and tidy up on their own now!

Happy Organizing!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment